Providing goods and services to people with disabilities
EMIRFI Shield Plating Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
Our policy is based on:
• respect for the dignity and independence of people with disabilities
• equal opportunity for people with disabilities to access, use and benefit from our services with the same quality and timeliness that others receive
• service integration in relation to services provided to the broader public, unless alternative ways of providing the service are necessary for equal opportunity
Laws and rules
The standards and rules on providing accessible customer service are set out in the:
• Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (Ontario Regulation 429/07)
• Integrated Accessibility Standards (Ontario Regulation 191-11)
Customer service policies
This is a summary of the accessible customer service you can expect to receive.
Information and communication
When communicating or providing information or services to a person with a disability, EMIRFI Shield Plating Inc. will do so in a manner that takes the person’s disability into account.
Accessible formats and communications supports
If a person with a disability needs an accessible format, or help to communicate with us, we will work with the person to provide the format or support that will meet their needs.
If we are not able to meet the person’s particular requirement in a reasonable timeframe, we will inform them and will work with them to determine an alternate method or will provide a summary of the information.
People with disabilities may use their own personal assistive devices. Where/if assistive devices are available in our buildings that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods and services, we will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with how to use them.
EMIRFI Shield Plating Inc. welcomes people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public unless the animal is excluded by law. In this case, we will ensure that appropriate alternative arrangements are made to ensure that the person can access our services.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them into public areas of our premises. In situations where confidential matters will be discussed, the support person may be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement or the role of the support person may need to be agreed to in advance of the meeting.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, we will provide notice to the public.
The way we provide the notice will be determined by the nature of the problem.
We will always try to make alternative arrangements to provide service where possible.
EMIRFI Shield Plating Inc. will provide training to employees who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained: Owner/Operator, Management, Customer Service Representatives, Shippers/Receivers, Accounting Staff, and Quality Control Staff.
Training will include:
• An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
• EMIRFI Shield Plating Inc.’s plan related to the customer service standard.
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
• How to use available assistive devices on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
• What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing EMIRFI Shield Plating Inc.’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to EMIRFI Shield Plating Inc.’s Accessible Customer Service plan.
We will inform our customers of the choices available for them to give feedback when requested. A form will be available upon request.
Alternatively, feedback may be provided:
• in person
• by telephone
• in writing
• by email or
• by any other communication technology as required
If customers with disabilities would prefer to give their feedback and receive a response to it using an alternate method than the one offered, they may request it.
All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to:
Mark Henry, General Manager
EMIRFI Shield Plating Inc.,
123 Manville Road, Unit #1
Scarborough, Ontario Canada
Tel: (416) 759-6731 Fax: (416) 759-8057
Notice of availability
EMIRFI Shield Plating Inc. will notify the public that our policies are available upon request by posting them on the website (when the website becomes available), and by posting a notice on the Health and Safety board.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of EMIRFI Shield Plating Inc. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed. This document is available in an alternate format on request.